Behavioral assessments, such as DISC, are an excellent tool helping leaders worldwide better understand and connect more effectively with their workforce, raising engagement and productivity.
- Be direct and prepared in communications
- Motivate them with challenges
- Eliminate small talk and get to the point
- Casually ease into conversations; avoid directness
- Provide opportunities to work with other people
- Create an open workspace where interaction is encouraged
- Communicate at a steady pace
- Let them ask questions
- Avoid asking them to act or react immediately
- Provide as many facts and details as possible, preferably in writing
- Be patient; the C can be a meticulous perfectionist
- Clearly communicate expectations and deadlines
Using a tool as powerful as DISC eliminates much of the guesswork for leaders while providing a game plan from which to best communicate with employees.
Download Our Free Hiring Guide.
In this guide, you’ll get access to the seven most important questions to ask when hiring someone. And yes, they go way beyond a basic job description.